Levchenko M.A., Sennikova N.A.
Summary. Toxicological assessment is a mandatory research step in the development of new insecticidal drugs. At the All-Russian Research Institute of Veterinary Entomology and Arachnology, a prototype of the insecticidal bait Mukhnet IF was obtained with an active ingredient content of 0.06% ivermectin and 0.015% fipronil, which showed a highly effective effect against houseflies. This work presents the results of the study of acute oral toxicity of the above agent. For this, male white mice with a live weight of 16-26 g were selected. They were kept on a starvation diet for one day in individual houses with water. The drug was given in mg/kg body weight the next day. A total of 33 doses have been tested, ranging from 100 mg/kg to 40,000 mg/kg. The animals were observed for 14 days. According to the research results, it was revealed that at doses up to 20,000 mg/kg there were no signs of intoxication, but when tested at 25,000 mg/kg in some mice, these signs were noted, and at 30,000, 35,000 and 40,000 mg/kg deaths were recorded 20±10, 45±30 and 60±20%, respectively. It was not possible to test the drug over the last above dose due to incomplete eaten by mice. According to the degree of danger for warm-blooded animals, the drug belongs to the 4th class of low-hazard drugs (average lethal dose of 5000 mg/kg or more) in accordance with the classification of GOST 12.1.007-76. When analyzing the literature data on the toxicological characteristics of preparations containing ivermectin and chlorfenapyr, it was revealed that the insecticidal agent in its acute toxicity for warm-blooded animals is comparable to known analogues.
Keywords: insecticidal bait, ivermectin, chlorfenapyr, signs of intoxication, acute toxicity, white mice, hazard class, literature analysis.
1. Emelyanova N.B. Ostraya peroralnaya i nakozhnaya toksichnost protivoparazitarnykh solevykh briketov na laboratornykh zhivotnykh [Acute oral and cutaneous toxicity of antiparasitic salt briquettes on laboratory animals]. - Russian Parasitological Journal. - Moscow, 2013 (4). - pp. 97-99.
2. Emelyanova N.B. Ostraya peroralnaya toksichnost protivoparazitarnoy pasty s ivermektinom [Acute oral toxicity of antiparasitic paste with ivermectin]. - Theory and practice of combating parasitic diseases. - 2015 (16). - pp. 132-133.
3. Engasheva E.S., Novikov D.D., Biryukova N.P. Ostraya toksichnost preparata insektoakaritsidnye kapli «Bars®» Forte dlya koshek [Acute toxicity of the preparation insectoacaricidal drops «Bars®» Forte for cats]. - Theory and practice of combating parasitic diseases. - 2015 (16). - pp. 144-148.
4. Eremina O.Yu. Nasekomye - mekhanicheskie perenoschiki vozbuditeley infektsionnykh bolezney cheloveka (obzor literatury) [Insects - mechanical carriers of pathogens of human infectious diseases (literature review)]. - Disinfection business. - 2020 (1 (111). - pp. 37-54.
5. Zashchepkina V.V. Ostraya peroralnaya toksichnost supramolekulyarnogo kompleksa ivermektina [Acute oral toxicity of supramolecular complex ivermectin]. - Russian Journal of Parasitology. - Moscow, 2020 (14 (1). - pp. 59-63.
6. Ibragimkhalilova I.V., Eremina O.Yu. Razrabotka metoda otsenki otravlennykh primanok i sravnenie kontaktnogo i kishechnogo deystviya insektitsidov na primere komnatnoy mukhi Musca domestica L. [Development of method for assessing poisoned baits and comparison of contact and intestinal effects of insecticides on example of the housefly Musca domestica L.]. - Research Institute of Disinfectology. - 2007 (12). - pp. 56-62.
7. Kostina M.N., Maltseva M.M., Lopatina Yu.V. Zavisimost effektivnosti i bezopasnosti soedineniy ot preparativnoy formy [Dependence of efficacy and safety of compounds on formulation]. - Medical alphabet. - 2011 (1 (5). - pp. 48-50.
8. Kostina M.N. Osnovnye napravleniya sovershenstvovaniya dezinsektsionnykh meropriyatiy na sovremennom etape [Main directions of improving disinfestation measures at the present stage]. - Disinfection business. - 2003 (1). - 51 p.
9. Patent RF № 2692620.
10. Rukovodstvo po eksperimentalnomu (doklinicheskomu) izucheniyu novykh farmakologicheskikh veshchestv [Guidelines for experimental (preclinical) study of new pharmacological substances]. - 2005: 832 p.
11. Safiullin R.T. Avermektiny na Rossiyskom veterinarnom rynke [Avermectins in the Russian veterinary market]. - Russian veterinary journal. - Moscow, 2006 (2). - pp. 6-8.
12. Stepanov A.A., Arisov M.V. Toksikologicheskaya otsenka insektoakaritsidnogo preparata insakar pri arakhnoentomozakh plotoyadnykh zhivotnykh [Toxicological assessment of the insectoacaricidal preparation insakar for arachnoentomoses in carnivores]. - Russian parasitological journal. - Moscow, 2012 (1). - pp. 98-103.
13. Stepanov V.A., Arisov M.V., Smirnova E.S. Toksikologicheskaya otsenka i insektoakaritsidnaya effektivnost preparatov «RolfKlub 3D sprey dlya sobak» i «RolfKlub 3D sprey dlya koshek» [Toxicological assessment and insectoacaricidal efficacy of preparations «RolfClub 3D spray for dogs» and «RolfClub 3D spray for cats»]. - Russian Journal of Parasitology. - Moscow, 2014 (3). - pp. 112-117.
Sennikova Natalia A., laboratory assistant of the Laboratory of veterinary problems in animal husbandry of the All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Veterinary Entomology and Arachnology; 2, Institutskaya st., Tyumen, 625041; phone: 8-3452-258558; e-mail: email@example.com.
Responsible for correspondence with the editorial board: Levchenko Mikhail A., Ph.D. in Veterinary Medicine, Head of the Laboratory of veterinary problems in animal husbandry of the All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Veterinary Entomology and Arachnology; 2, Institutskaya st., Tyumen, 625041; phone: 8-3452-258558; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.