Badova O.V., Burtseva T.V., Moiseeva K.V., Chertykov D.G., Chentsova A.E.
Summary. Uremic syndrome of cats (UCS) can occur at obstruction of the lower urinary tract due to urinary stone disease. When the lower parts of the urinary tract are obstructed, a catheterization or surgical intervention is performed. Perineal urethrostomy in cats is an operation to restore the normal outflow of urine through the urinary-canal channel. The aim of the study was to develop an optimal protocol for anesthesia and analgesia of animals in emergency operative intervention without preliminary examination. In the process of work, the list of medicines for general and local anesthesia has been analyzed; the technique of performing epidural anesthesia has been worked out. The study was conducted at the Department of Infectious and Non-contagious Pathology of the Ural State Agrarian University and on the basis of the Department of Surgery of the Veterinary Clinic Neovit. The animals were divided into three groups with the following anesthetics: propohvet and meditin, xylazine and zoletil, propovet and epidural anesthesia. All animals underwent perineal urethrostomy, and then postoperative intensive therapy in a hospital. To assess the effectiveness of the anesthetic protocol, the timing of the normalization of hydration, the general condition and the appearance of physiological needs in the control and experimental groups were compared. In the third experimental group, the shortest terms of animal rehabilitation were revealed, in comparison with the first and second control groups. Accordingly, it can be assumed that epidural anesthesia has a beneficial effect on the recovery of animals in the postoperative period. In the course of the study, it was proved that the use of propovet and epidural anesthesia in patients at risk group 5 helps to improve the prognosis of the disease and shorten the period of postoperative rehabilitation.
Keywords: cat, epidural anesthesia, acute urinary retention, urolithiasis, urological syndrome of cats, perineal urethrostomy, stoma, urine outflow, surgery, rehabilitation.
1. Akaevskiy A.I., Yudichev Yu.F, Seleznev S.B. Anatomiya domashnikh zhivotnykh [Anatomy of domestic animals]. - Akvarium LTD. - Moscow, 2014. 26 - 640 p.
2. Dzhekson M. Veterinarnaya klinicheskaya patologiya [Veterinary clinical pathology]. - Akvarium LTD. - Moscow, 2012. - 348 p.
3. Bitchard-Wolfensberger R., Stekolnikov A.A., Nechaev A.Yu. Veterinarnaya anesteziologiya [Veterinary anesthesiology]. - Saint-Petersburg, 2015. - 272 p.
4. Pulnyashenko P.R. Anesteziologiya i reanimatologiya sobak i koshek [Anesthesiology and intensive care of dogs and cats]. - Akvarium LTD. - Moscow, 2012. - 192 p.
5. Bickhardt K. Klinicheskaya veterinarnaya patofiziologiya [Clinical veterinary pathophysiology]. - Akvarium LTD. - Moscow, 2013. - 288 p.
6. Kirk R., Bonagura D. Sovremennyy kurs veterinarnoy meditsiny Kirka [Kirk modern veterinary medicine course]. - Akvarium LTD. - Moscow, 2015. - 1376 p.
7. Hackett T., Mazzaferro E. Ekstrennaya i intensivnaya veterinarnaya po-moshch. Tekhnika vypolneniya protsedur [Emergency and intensive veterinary care. Technique of procedures]. - Akvarium LTD. - Moscow, 2015. - 176 p.
8. Carroll G. Anesteziologiya i anal'eziya melkikh domashnikh zhivotnykh [Anesthesia and analgesia of small pets]. - Akvarium LTD. - Moscow, 2009. - 294 p.
9. Mikolenko O.N., Vatnikov Yu.A Analiz proyavleniy mochekamennoy bolezni u koshek [Analysis of the manifestations of urolithiasis in cats]. - Rossiyskiy veterinarnyy zhurnal. Melkiye domashniye i dikiye zhivotnyye. - Moscow, 2015 (6). - pp. 14-16.
10. Mekhanikova N.P., Pozyabin S.V. Metodologiya i oslozhneniya epiduralnoy anestezii u sobak [Methods and complications of epidural anesthesia in dogs]. - Moscow, 2015. - pp. 22-25.
Badova Olga V., Ph.D. in Veterinary Medicine, docent of the Department of infectious and non-contagious pathology of the Ural State Agrarian University; 42, K. Liebknechta st., Yekaterinburg, 620075; phone: 8-343-2214024.
Burtseva Tatyana V., Ph.D. in Pedagogics, docent of the Department of infectious and non-contagious pathology of the Ural State Agrarian University; 42, K. Liebknechta st., Yekaterinburg, 620075; phone: 8-343-2214024.
Moiseeva Ksenia V., assistant of the Department of infectious and noncontagious pathology of the Ural State Agrarian University; 42, K. Liebknechta st., Yekaterinburg, 620075; phone: 8-343-2214024; e-mail: +79530475887@yandex. ru.
Chertykov Danil G., anesthesiologist, endoscopic surgeon of the Neovit Veterinary Clinic LLC.; 112, Belinskogo st., Yekaterinburg, 620000; phone: 8-3432577022.
Responsible for correspondence with the editorial board: Chentsova Anastasiya E., veterinary surgeon Neovit Veterinary Clinic LLC; 112, Belinskogo st., Yekaterinburg, 620000; phone: 8-343-2577022; e-mail: email@example.com.