Sergeeva Yu.S., Lysenko A.A.
Summary. According to the incidence of diseases in cats, acute pyelonephritis ranks second after inflammatory respiratory diseases and accounts for 10-15% of all kidney diseases. Urolithiasis takes the leading place in the factors causing acute urinary retention, which in turn causes urine stasis, reverse reflux of the contents of the bladder into the ureters and kidneys, infection of the urinary tract, and is a predisposing factor to the occurrence of pyelonephritis. In recent years there has been an increase in the number of strains of pathogenic bacteria resistant to most antibacterial preparations, difficulties arise in the diagnosis and treatment of acute forms of secondary pyelonephritis. A retrospective analysis on the incidence of cats with acute secondary pyelonephritis entering the clinic with acute retention of urination aged 1 to 3 years is presented in the article. Diagnostic criteria for determining the disease and the results of using the drug marfiloxin 2% in the complex therapy of acute secondary pyelonephritis in cats with complicated infections of the urinary system are described. 20-30% of animals with acute urinary retention have signs of secondary pyelonephritis according to the conducted research. Treatment of pyelonephritis-complicated infections of the urinary system is recommended with the use of marfiloxin 2% in the complex therapy and dietotherapy, aimed at dissolving the urolites. At inflammation of the mucous membrane of the bladder caused by urolithiasis, we recommend therapy using sinulox, cystitis stop and dietotherapy aimed at dissolving the urolites.
Keywords: cat, urinary system, complicated urinary system infections, kidneys, pyelonephritis, obstructive pyelonephritis, acute urination delay, inflammation of the bladder mucosa, urolith, urolithiasis.
1. Andreeva E.A. Razvitie obstruktivnoy uropatii vsledstvie ostroy zaderzhki mochi u kotov. Metody korrektsii [Development of obstructive uropathy due to acute urinary retention in cats. Methods of correction]. - Veterinary Petersburg. - Saint-Petersburg, 2017 (2).
2. Yin S. Polnyy spravochnik po veterinarnoy meditsine melkikh domashnikh zhivotnykh [Full reference on veterinary medicine of small pets]. - Aquarium Print. - Moscow, 2008. - 1024 p.
3. Nechiporenko N.A. Neotlozhnyye sostoyaniya v urologii [Urgent conditions in urology]. - Minsk, 2012. - 400 p.
4. Tiktinsky O.L., Kalinina S.N. Pielonefrity [Pyelonephritis]. - MediaPress. - Saint-Petersburg, 1996. - 256 p.
5. Tilly L., Smith FJ. Bolezni koshek i sobak [Diseases of cats and dogs]. - GEOTAR-Media. - Moscow, 2010. - 848 p.
6. Elliott J., Groer G. Nefrologiya i urologiya sobak i koshek [Nephrology and urology of dogs and cats]. - Aquarium Print. - Moscow, 2014. - 352 p.
Lysenko Aleksandr A., D.Sc. in Veterinary Medicine, professor of the department of therapy and pharmacology of the Kuban State Agrarian University; 13, Kalinina st., Krasnodar, 350004; phone: 8-918-3796941; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for correspondence with the editorial board: Sergeeva Yulianna S., post-graduate student of the department of therapy and pharmacology of the Kuban State Agrarian University; 13, Kalinina st., Krasnodar, 350004; e-mail: email@example.com.