Vakoulenko M.Yu., Dobaeva N.M., Sukhomlinov V.V., Shkurat T.P., Ermakov A.M.
Summary. Today, veterinarians are increasingly faced with the treatment of cancer in pets. The use of new effective methods in the treatment of cancer dictates the necessity to assess the quality of treatment not only by survival, absence of metastasis and recurrence, but also by assessing the quality of life, since the fact of survival until a certain period of the patient after treatment may not be the main method of assessing the treatment efficiency, because the main purpose of any treatment is to improve the quality of life of the patient. Test questionnaire is successfully used in human medicine for many years. It allows doctors to assess the quality of life of the oncological patient quickly and without economic costs. Authors proposed a method of collecting information that allows veterinarians to assess the quality of life of an animal with cancer quickly and without economic costs. This allows the treating veterinarian to assess the severity of the disease and the treatment efficiency. According to the questionnaire for assessing the quality of life, 22 animals were tested after surgical removal of tumors in the breast in the veterinary clinics of Rostov-on-Don and Bataysk. Based on the results, authors can offer the introduction of the use of the questionnaire developed by them in the routine practice of collecting anamnesis in the treatment of animals with cancer.
Keywords: mammalian gland cancer, oncology disease of animals, cancer patients, cancer in cats, assessment of life quality, test health, emotional state of the owner of the patient, physical health of the patient, functional status of the patient, assessment of the treatment effectiveness, FACT test.
1. Velichko S.A., Bukhardin D.G. Osobennosti diagnostiki raka molochnoy zhelezy na fone fibrozno-kistoznoy mastopatii [Peculiarities of diagnosis of breast cancer associated with fibrocystic breast disease]. - Sibirskiy onkologicheskiy zhurnal. - Tomsk, 2006 (3). - pp. 68-69.
2. Vishnevskaya Ya.V., Ermilova V.D., Savelov N.A., Nechushkin M.I., Trigolosov A.V., Petrovskiy A.V., Chemeris G.Yu., Zakharova T.P. Infiltriruyushchiy dolkovyy rak molochnoy zhelezy: osobennosti metastazirovaniya (gistologicheskaya i immunogistokhimicheskaya kharakteristika) [Infiltrating lobular breast cancer: metastasis features (histological and immunohistochemical characteristics)]. - Arkhiv patologii. - Moscow, 2005 (67 (4)). - pp. 17-21.
3. Gerasimenko I.I., Mironova A.A. Vozmozhnosti tsitologicheskogo metoda issledovaniya v diagnostike raka molochnoy zhelezy u sobak [Possibilities of cytological method of research in the diagnosis of breast cancer in dogs]. - Vestnik Saratovskogo GAU im. N.I. Vavilova. - Saratov, 2008 (7). - pp. 13-15.
4. Kaydarov B.K. Khozhayev A.A., Manambayeva Z.A. Otsenka kachestva zhizni bolnykh rakom predstatelnoy zhelezy s pomoshchyu modulnogo oprosnika FACT-P [Assessment of quality of life of prostate cancer patients using a modular questionnaire FACT-P]. - Vestnik KazNMU. - Almaty 2016 (1). - pp. 602-605.
5. Lisitskaya K.V., Telitsyn V.V., Kpivova Yu.V., Kurinova S.V. Vozmozhnosti sovremennykh metodov diagnostiki opukholey pecheni u melkikh domashnikh zhivotnykh [Possibilities of modern diagnostic methods for liver tumors in small domestic animals]. - Rossiyskiy veterinarnyy zhurnal: melkie domashnie i dikie zhivotnye. - Moscow, 2009 (3). - pp. 38-41.
6. Novik A.A., Ionova T.I., Kaind P. Kontseptsiya issledovaniya kachestva zhizni v meditsine [Life quality concept studies in medicine]. - ELBI. - Saint-Petersburg, 1999. - p. 140.
7. Novik A.A., Matveev S.A., Ionova T.I. Otsenka kachestva zhizni bolnogo v meditsine [Patients' life quality assessment in medicine]. - Klinicheskaya meditsina. - Moscow, 2000 (2). - pp. 10-13.
8. Polishchuk T.V., Tuzikov S.A., Balatskaya L.N., Miller S.V. Kachestvo zhizni bolnykh s mestno rasprostranennym nemelkokletochnym rakom legkogo na etapakh kombinirovannogo lecheniya [Patients' life quality at locally advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer at stages of combined treatment]. - Sibirskiy onkologicheskiy zhurnal. - Tomsk, 2006 (3 (19)). - p. 74
9. Sinkina T.V., Petrova V.D., Lazarev A.F. Sovremennyye predstavleniya o faktorakh riska raka molochnoy zhelezy [Modern views on risk factors for breast cancer]. - Rossiyskiy bioterapevticheskiy zhurnal. - Moscow, 2009 (1 (8)). - pp. 87-92.
10. Khankhasykov S.P., Khibkhenov L.V., Tarmakova S.S. Kliniko-morfologicheskoe proyavlenie onkologicheskikh zabolevaniy melkikh domashnikh zhivotnykh [Clinical and morphological manifestation of oncological diseases in small domestic animals]. -2013: 19-24.
11. Yakunina M.N. Vozmozhnosti lecheniya disseminirovannogo raka molochnykh zhelez u koshek [Treatment options for disseminated breast cancer in cats]. - Veterinarnaya meditsina. - Moscow, 2011 (2). - pp. 28-30.
12. Yakunina M.N. Rak molochnoy zhelezy u sobak i koshek [Breast cancer in dogs and cats]. - VETPHARMA. - Moscow, 2011 (2). - pp. 64-70.
13-15. Vide supra.
Dobaeva Natalya M., Ph.D. in Chemistry, docent, Head of the Department of General and Clinical Biochemistry № 2 of the Rostov State Medical University; 29, Nakhichevansky lane, Rostov-on-Don, 344022; phone: 8-918-5010562; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sukhomlinov Vyacheslav V., veterinarian of Fenix Ltd.; 2 a, Kirova st., Bataysk, 346880; phone: 8-908-1928197; e-mail: email@example.com.
Shkurat Tatyana P., D.Sc. in Biology, professor, Head of the Department of genetics of the Academy of Biology and Biotechnologies named after D.I. Ivanovskiy of the Southern Federal University; 194/1, Stachki av., Rostov-on-Don, 344090; phone: 8-928-2961033; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ermakov Aleksey M., D.Sc. in Biology, professor, Head of the Department of Biology and General Patology of the Don State Technical University; 1, Gagarina sq., Rostov-on-Don, 344000; phone: 8-928-2143344; e-mail: email@example.com.
Responsible for correspondence with the editorial board: Vakulenko Maiya Yu., post-graduate student, assistant of the Department of General and Clinical Biochemistry № 2 of the Rostov State Medical University; 29, Nakhichevansky lane, Rostov-on-Don, 344022; phone: 8-951-5059125; e-mail: nikdentella-22@ yandex.ru.