Vostroilova G.A., Korchagina A.A., Chaplygina Yu.A., Khokhlova N.A.
Summary. The aim of the study was to assess the effect of a new complex antibacterial drug for the treatment of mastitis in lactating cows on white laboratory rats during embryonic and early postnatal development. It was found that the drug in the studied dosage of 250 mg/kg when used from 1 to 7 and from 7 to 19 days of gestation did not cause undesirable reactions in white rats, and also did not affect the formation and development of the fetuses. The increase in body weight of pregnant females was uniform in all groups. Moreover, the number of the fetuses, corpora lutea, the weight of the fetuses and placentas, the size of the fetuses did not have statistically significant differences in the experimental groups relatively to the control. The analysis of the intrauterine mortality rates also did not reveal statistically significant differences in the groups. A macroscopic examination of the fetuses revealed no developmental anomalies in any of the groups. During pathomorphological study it was found that there were no changes in the structure of internal organs, fetal development was consistent with the gestational age. The number of live and stillborn cubs per female did not significantly differ in all groups. In all infant rats, no abnormalities or deformities were observed after birth. The increase in body weight of the offspring in the experimental groups was uniform. Statistically significant differences in physiological development, both in the experimental and in the control groups, were not observed. Thus, the application of the studied drug to the laboratory rats during critical periods of pregnancy did not cause negative effects in the offspring during embryonic and early postnatal periods. Based on this, we can conclude that this drug in the studied dosage does not have embryotoxic and teratogenic effects.
Keywords: embryotoxicity, teratogenicity, white rats, amoxicillin, cloxacillin, prednisolone, complex drug, corpus luteum, embryo, body weight.
1. Borisova E.O. Klinicheskaya farmakologiya parenteralnykh form glyukosteroidov [Clinical pharmacology of glucocorticosteroids parenteral forms]. - Lechebnoe delo. - Minsk, 2007 (3). - pp. 17-24.
2. Kireev I.V., Orobets V.A., Denisenko T.S., Zinchenko D.A. Izuchenie embriotoksicheskogo effekta antioksidantnogo protivovospalitelnogo preparata dlya zhivotnykh [Embryotoxic effect study of antioxidant anti-inflammatory preparation for animals]. - Bulletin of Altai State Agrarian University. - Barnaul, 2019 (6 (176)). - pp. 93-98.
3. Kokorina N.V., Grak L.V., Alferovich E.N. Teratogenez: uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie [Teratogenesis: teaching aid]. - Information-Computer Center of the Ministry of Finance. - Minsk, 2018. - 64 p.
4. Kravchenko N.F., Tyutyunnik V.L., Kan N.E., Lomova N.A. Beremennost u zhenshchin s transplantirovannoy pochkoy [Pregnancy in women with a transplanted kidney]. - Obstetrics and gynecology. - Moscow, 2014 (4). - pp. 40-46.
5. Programma SKAT (Strategiya kontrolya antimikrobnoy terapii) pri ookazanii statsionarnoy meditsinskoy pomoshchi [SKAT (ATCS) program (Antimicrobial Therapy Control Strategy) for inpatient care]. - Russian clinical recommendations. - Moscow, 2017. - pp. 96-101.
6. Pugach P.V. Vliyanie dlitelnosti etanolovoy intorsikatsii na krys i immunnye organy ikh potomstva [Effect of the duration of ethanol intoxication on rats and the immune organs of their offspring (experimental-morphological study)]. - 2012: 45 p.
7. Rukovodstvo po provedeniyu doklicheskikh issledovaniy lekarstvennykh sredstv [Guidelines for preclinical studies of drugs]. - Grif and K. - Moscow, 2012. - 944 p.
8. Sazykina K.I., Engashev S.V., Volkov A.A., Staroverov S.A., Kozlov S.V. Konstruirovanie kompleksnogo antibakterialnogo preparata na osnove doksitsiklina, laktulozy i bromgeksina [Construction of a complex antibacterial drug based on doxycycline, lactulose and bromhexine]. - Veterinarnaya patologiya. - Rostov-on-Don, 2013 (4 (46)). - pp. 83-88.
9. Chernukh A.M., Aleksandrov P.N. O teratogennom deystvii khimicheskikh (lekarstvennykh) veshchestv [On teratogenic effect of chemical (medicinal) substances]. - Medicine. - Moscow, 1969. - 176 p.
10. Cheskidova L.V., Vostroilova G.A., Bryukhova I.V. Otsenka embriotoksicheskikh I teratogennykh svoustv kompleksnogo preparata Viapen [Evaluation of embryotoxic and teratogenic properties of Viapen complex drug]. - Veterinariya, zootekhnologiya i biotekhnologiya. - Moscow, 2016 (11). - pp. 64-68.
11. Shabunin S.V., Vostroilova G.A., Bliznetsova G.N., Cheskidova L.V., Klimov N.T., Zimnikov V.I., Korchagina A.A. Preparat dlya lecheniya mastita u korov v period laktatsii [Drug for the treatment of mastitis in cows during lactation]. - Patent RU 2698820 (30.08.2019).
12. Sher S.A., Ostrovskaya A.V. Vybor antibakterialnykh preparatov pri beremennosti [Choice of antibacterial drugs during pregnancy]. - Pediatric pharmacology. - Moscow, 2011 (8 (1)). - pp. 84-89.
13. Yudin O. Farmakokinetika antimikrobnykh preparatov vo vremya beremennosti i ikh deystviye na plod [Pharmacokinetics of antimicrobial agents during pregnancy and their effect on fetus]. - http://www.mif-ua.com/archive/ article/11753.
14. Yakovlev S.V. Novaya kontseptsiya ratsionalnogo primeneniya antibiotikov v ambulatornoy praktike [New concept of rational use of antibiotics in outpatient practice]. - Antibiotics and chemotherapy. - Moscow, 2019 (64 (3-4)). - pp. 47-57. - DOI: 10.24411/0235-2990-2019-10017.
15-16 Vide supra.
Vostroilova Galina A., D.Sc. in Biology, chief scientific researcher of the Department of Experimental Pharmacology of the All-Russian Veterinary Research Institute of Pathology, Pharmacology and Therapy; 114 b, Lomonosova st., Voronezh; phone: 8-906-6781203; e-mail: email@example.com.
Korchagina Anastasiya A., postgraduate student of the Department of Experimental Pharmacology of the All-Russian Veterinary Research Institute of Pathology, Pharmacology and Therapy; 114 b, Lomonosova st., Voronezh; phone: 8-952-1092661; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chaplygina Yuliya A., junior scientific researcher of the Department of Experimental Pharmacology of the All-Russian Veterinary Research Institute of Pathology, Pharmacology and Therapy; 114 b, Lomonosova st., Voronezh; phone: 8-951-5553510; e-mail: email@example.com.
Responsible for correspondence with the editorial board: Khokhlova Nina A., scientific researcher of the Department of Experimental Pharmacology of the All-Russian Veterinary Research Institute of Pathology, Pharmacology and Therapy; 114 b, Lomonosova st., Voronezh; phone: 8-908-1376923; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.