Bobrov V.A., Zabashta S.N., Krivonos R.A., Chernykh O.Yu., Chernov A.N.
Summary. Rabies remains a constant threat to humanity in many parts of the world. At the same time, scientifically grounded antiepizootic measures should be based on the peculiarities of the regional epizootology of this zooanthroponosis. The authors studied the epizootological and statistical reporting data of the Kropotkin Regional Veterinary Laboratory, presented an analysis of the registration of rabies in animals in Krasnodar region. From the obtained data, it should be noted that despite the wide range of animals involved in the epizootic process of rabies infection in Krasnodar region, dogs, cats and foxes play a major role in the reservation and spread of infection, which account for 78.6. Of the total number of registered cases, 15.5% falls on foxes, that indicates the natural focus of the disease, along with the manifestation of the disease in an urban form. At the same time, stray and neglected dogs and cats, which occupy a significant place among the total number of sick animals, are also sources and spread of the infection. Thus farm animals (8.3% of the total number of infected animals) are a biological dead end for the infection. Isolated cases of the disease were noted in muskrat, donkey, raccoon, raccoon dog, marten, ferret and jackal. The authors also established the specific morbidity of various animal species with rabies infection, that is an important aspect in the development and implementation of antiepizootic measures complex.
Keywords: rabies, zooanthroponosis, rabies morbidity in animals, laboratory diagnostics of rabies, Krasnodar region, antiepizootic measures complex, natural focal of rabies, farm animals, rabies registration, specific morbidity, epizootology, epizootic process.
- Avilov V.M., Gusev A.A., Savin A.V. Epizooticheskoe sostoyanie i effektivnost provodimykh meropriyatiy protiv beshenstva zhivotnykh v Rossii [Epizootic state and efficiency of measures taken against animal rabies in Russia]. - Veterinariya. - Moscow, 2002 (6). - pp. 3-6.
- Burdov G.N., Yavkin S.G., Chernov A.N., Marasinskaya E.I., Burdov L.G. Epizootologicheskiy analiz, meropriyatiya po profilaktike i likvidatsii beshenstva zhivotnykh v Udmurtskoy Respublike [Epizootic analysis, measures for prevention and elimination of animal rabies in the Udmurt Republic]. - Veterinariya. - Moscow, 2017 (3). - pp. 3-10.
- Vedernikov V.A., Baldina N.S. Kratkaya kharakteristika obstanovki po beshenstvu zhivotnykh, slozhivsheysya v Rossii v oktyabre 2010 goda. Kratkaya kharakteristika epizooticheskoy situatsii po beshenstvu, slozhivsheysya v oktyabre 2010 goda v Tsentralnom ekonomicheskom rayone Rossii [Brief description of the animal rabies situation in Russia in October 2010. Brief description of the epidemic situation of rabies in October 2010 in the Central Economic Region of Russia]. - Veterinarnaya zhizn. - Moscow, 2010 (23). - p. 2.
- Ivanov A.V., Khismatullina N.A., Gulyukin A.M. Epizootologicheskiy i immunologicheskiy nadzor za beshenstvom [Epizootological and immunological surveillance of rabies]. - Veterinarnyy vrach. - Kazan, 2010 (4 (17)). - pp. 3-6.
- Khismatullina N.A., Yusupov R.Kh., Yanbarisova S.R., Savitskaya T.A. Immunologicheskiy monitoring beshenstva [Rabies immunological monitoring]. - Veterinarnyy vrach. - Kazan, 2004 (1 (17)). - pp. 45-53.
Zabashta Sergey N., D.Sc. in Veterinary Medicine, professor, head of the department of parasitology, veterinary sanitary expertise and zoohygiene of the Kuban State Agrarian University named after I.T. Trubilin; 13, Kalinina st., Krasnodar, 350044.
Krivonos Roman A., Ph.D. in Veterinary Medicine, head of the Veterinary Department of Krasnodar region; 36, Rashpilevskaya st., Krasnodar, 350000; phone: 8-861-2622869; e-mail: email@example.com.
Chernykh Oleg Yu., D.Sc. in Veterinary Medicine, professor, director of the Kropotkin regional veterinary laboratory; 303, Krasnoarmeyskaya st., Kropotkin, 352380; phone: 8-918-4956659; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chernov Albert N., D.Sc. in Biology, Krasnodar Regional Institute of Agribusiness; 350061, г. Краснодар, ул. им. Мачуги В.Н., 78.
Responsible for correspondence with the editorial board: Bobrov Vadim A., postgraduate student of the Kuban State Agrarian University named after I.T. Trubilin; 13, Kalinina st., Krasnodar, 350044; phone: 8-918-4911900; e-mail: email@example.com.