Levchenko M.A., Silivanova E.A.
Summary. Modern methods of veterinary disinsection are based on the use of chemical agents. Efficiency of insecticides is determined by composition, form and method of use. Use of mixtures of insecticidal active substances is recommended as one of the anti-resistance strategies, with the most preferred formulations in the form of baits. The purpose of the present work was to evaluate the insecticidal efficacy of the bait composition containing ivermectin and fipronil against the adult fly of Musca domestica L. Intestinal insecticidal effect of a mixture of two active substances (ivermectin and fipronil) on the imago of M. domestica laboratory culture was evaluated by the method of group feeding in laboratory conditions. A mixture containing 0.06% ivermectin and 0.015% fipronil caused the death of (97.6 ± 2.4)% of insects during 24 hours of exposure. Developed insecticidal bait Mukhnet IF (ivermectin 0.06% + fipronil 0.015%) had a 100% insecticidal effect against imago M. domestica in the laboratory after 48 hours of exposure, as well as the monocomponent bait Mukhnet I (ivermectin 0.6%) and Mukhnet F (fipronil 0.15%) and Agita comparison drug (thiamethoxam 10%). The insecticidal efficacy of the developed bait Mukhnet IF against flies in the production environment on the first day after processing the livestock building was 96.7%, which is comparable to the efficiency of the monocomponent bait Mukhnet I and Mukhnet F and the comparison preparation. Obtained results allowed authors to propose «Method for reducing the number of flies at objects of veterinary sanitary inspection» (RU 2692620).
Keywords: insecticides, insecticidal mixtures, fly bait, adulticides, insecticidal activity, fipronil, ivermectin, fly control, veterinary disinsection.
1. Ageev I.S., Safiullin R.T., Gadaeva G.A. Chislennost imago mukh i ikh lichinok v usloviyakh svinokompleksa v osenniy period [Number of adult flies and their larvae at pig farm in autumn season]. - Russian Journal of Parasitology. - Moscow, 2016 (1). - pp. 30-37.
2. Veselkin G.A. Zoofilnye mukhi i mery borby s nimi [Zoophilic flies and control measures]. - Veterinariya. - Moscow, 1981 (7). - pp. 24-27.
3. Gadaeva G.A., Safiullin R.T., Kachanova Е.О. Effektivnost preparata agita protiv mukh v svinarnike-matochnike [Agita efficiency against flies in pigsty]. - 2016: 119-121.
4. Ibragimkhalilova I.V., Eremina O.Yu. Razrabotka metoda otsenki otravlennykh primanok i sravnenie kontaktnogo i kishechnogo deystviya insektitsidov na primere komnatnoy mukhi Musca domestica L. [Developing methods for evaluating and comparing poisoned baits contact and digestive action of insecticides on the example of the housefly Musca domestica L.]. -2007: 56-62.
5. Latkin S.V., Pavlov S.D., Khlyzova T.A., Fodorova O.A., Metelitsa I.A., Leshchev M.V. Novye preparaty dlya zashchity zhivotnykh ot krovososushchikh dvukrylykh nasekomykh [New preparations for protectection of animals from bloodsucking dipterans]. - Russian Journal of Parasitology. - Moscow, 2014 (3). - pp. 81-85.
6. Levchenko M.A., Silivanova E.A. Sposob borby s mukhami v zhivotnovodcheskikh pomeshcheniyakh [Method for controlling flies in livestock buildings]. - 2540553. - 2015.
7. Levchenko M.A., Silivanova E.A. Sposob snizheniya chislennosti mukh na obyektakh veterinarno-sanitarnogo nadzora [Method for reduction of number of flies on objects of veterinary and sanitary supervision]. - 2692620. - 2019.
8. Levchenko M.A., Silivanova E.A. Effektivnost insektitsidnykh primanochnykh sostavov dlya borby s mukhami [Efficiency of insecticidal bait compounds for controlling flies]. - Vestnik veterinarii. - Stavropol, 2015 (2 (73)). - pp. 23-26.
9. Metody laboratornykh issledovaniy i ispytaniy dezinfektsionnykh sredstv dlya otsenki ikh effektivnosti i bezopasnosti [Methods of laboratory research and testing of disinfectants to assess their efficacy and safety]. - 2011.
10. Pavlov S.D., Pavlova R.P., Mavlyutov S.M. O rezistentnosti nasekomykh kompleksa gnus i komnatnoy mukhi k deystviyu sovremennykh insektitsidov. Entomologicheskie issledovaniya v Severnoy Azii [On resistance of insects of gnat and housefly complex to the action of modern insecticides. Entomological research in North Asia]. - Novosibirsk, 2006.
11. Roslavtseva S.A. Mekhanizmy deystviya insektoakaritsidov. Khlororganicheskiye soyedineniya, avermektiny, fenilpirazoly, karbazaty, fosfororganicheskie soedineniya, karbamaty [Mechanisms of action of insectoacaricides. Organochlorine compounds, avermectins, phenylpyrazoles, carbazates, organophosphorus compounds, carbamates]. - 2013: 29-33.
12. Silivanova E.A., Levchenko M.A. Insektitsidnaya effektivnost primanok dlya much [Insecticidal efficacy of fly baits]. - 2018: 71-73.
13. Smirnov A.A. Skrining insektoakaritsidov i ikh smesey, sozdaniye sostava s sinergicheskim effektom [Screening of insectoacaricides and their mixtures, creating composition with synergistic effect]. - Veterinarnaya patologiya. -Rostov-on-Don, 2006 (1 (16)). - pp. 118-121.
14-24. Vide supra.
Levchenko Mikhail A., Ph.D. in Veterinary Medicine, Head of the Laboratory of veterinary problems in animal husbandry of the All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Veterinary Entomology and Arachnology; 2, Institutskaya st., Tyumen, 625041; phone: 8-3452-258558; e-mail: email@example.com.
Responsible for correspondence with the editorial board: Silivanova Elena A., Ph.D. in Biology, leading scientific researcher of the Laboratory of veterinary problems in animal husbandry of the All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Veterinary Entomology and Arachnology; 2, Institutskaya st., Tyumen, 625041; phone: 8-3452-258558; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.