Mikhaylov E.V., Shabunin B.V., Stepanov E.M.
Summary. Literary and authors' data on the morphological structure, cellular composition and functions of the central organs of the immune system of are presented in the article. In own studies, histological and cytological methods were used to study these organs. Pieces of organs, which were fixed in formalin, dehydrated in alcohols, embedded in histological paraffin and stained with hematoxylin-eosin, azuz-2-eosin, served as material for histological examination. And for the cytological study, the material was smears-prints from the sections of the same organs, which were stained according to the May Grunwald-Giemsa method and mounted under polystyrene.It was shown that the bone marrow is the main organ of hematopoiesis. In it, the maturation of erythrocytes, granulocytes, monocytes and platelets occurs. It consists of stromal, vascular and hematopoietic components. The spleen is one of the organs of lymphopoiesis, as indicated by the presence of a large number of lymphoblasts there. In the red pulp of the spleen, erythrocytes are also deposited, at the same time, unlike mammals, the spleen does not participate in the processing of old erythrocytes. The thymus, or thymus gland, performs the function of differentiating T-lymphocytes. In birds, it is represented by a chain of lobules along the trachea. The Bursa of Fabricius is an organ where differentiation of B-lymphocytes occurs. It is located above the anus, has a white color, oval shape; represented by multiple long pleats with lymphoid formations. Also, unlike the spleen and bone marrow, the thymus and bursa get reduced by about 130-150 days of life.
Keywords: poultry, immunity, bone marrow, thymus, spleen, bursa fabricii, histology, cytology.
1. Zinchenko D.A. Vozrastnaya morfologiya immunnykh organov indeek razlichnykh genotipov v postnatalnom ontogeneze [Age morphology of immune organs of turkeys of different genotypes in postnatal ontogenesis]. - Stavropol, 2019. - 165 p.
2. Kotarev V.I., Shabunin B.V., Vorotnikova S.M., Kopytina K.O., Mikhaylov E.V., Bolshakov V.N. Kletochnyy sostav selezenki indeek krossa «Hybrid-converter» v postembrionalnom ontogeneze [Cell composition of spleen of turkeys of the Hybrid-converter cross in postembryonic ontogenesis]. - Veterinarnyy farmakologicheskiy vestnik. - Voronezh, 2020 (1 (10). - pp. 171-175.
3. Seleznev S.B., Pronin V.V., Dyumin M.S., Fisenko S.P. Strukturnye osobennosti immunnoy sistemy ptits [Structural features of the immune system of birds] - Russian Veterinary Journal. Productive Animals. - Moscow, 2016 (3).
4. Suleymanov S.M., Parshin P.A., Zharov Yu.P. et al. Metody morfologicheskikh issledovaniy: metodicheskoe posobie [Methods of morphological research: methodological guide]. - 2007: 87.
5. Faizova G.M., Sitdikov R.I., Karimova A.Z. Kletochnyy sostav fabritsievoy bursy u indeek v postembrionalnom ontogeneze [Cell composition of the fabrication bursa in turkeys in postembryonic ontogenesis].
6. Yurchinskiy V.YA., Moreva L.A. Sravnitelno morfologicheskoe izuchenie kolichestvennykh sootnosheniy limfotsitov raznykh stadiy zrelosti v timuse nepolovozrelykh pozvonochnykh [Comparative morphological study of quantitative ratios of lymphocytes at different stages of maturity in thymus of immature vertebrates]. - Meditsinskaya immunologiya. - Smolensk, 2017 (19 (6). - pp. 715-720.
7-10. Vide supra.
Mikhaylov Evgeniy V., Ph.D. in Veterinary Medicine, Head of the Department of Experimental Pharmacology of the All-Russian Scientific Research Veterinary Institute of Pathology, Pharmacology and Therapy; 114 b, Lomonosova st., Voronezh, 394087; phone: 8-920-4025245; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stepanov Egor M., post-graduate student, junior scientific researcher of the Laboratory of Innovative Preparations of Recombinant Proteomics of the AllRussian Scientific Research Veterinary Institute of Pathology, Pharmacology and Therapy; 114 b, Lomonosova st., Voronezh, 394087; phone: 8-950-7532764.
Responsible for correspondence with the editorial board: Shabunin Boris V., Senior Laboratory Assistant of the Laboratory of Innovative Preparations of Recombinant Proteomics of the All-Russian Scientific Research Veterinary Institute of Pathology, Pharmacology and Therapy; 114 b, Lomonosova st., Voronezh, 394087; phone: 8-920-4167311; e-mail: email@example.com.