Mikailov M.M., Yanikova E.A., Khalikov A.A., Gulieva A.T., Chernykh O.Yu.
Summary. Brucellosis takes one of the first places in terms of prevalence in the nosoological profile of infectious diseases. A feature of brucellosis of small ruminants is its tendency to transition into chronic and latent forms, when brucellae persists in the body of animals for a long time, secreted into the external environment, and are a source of infection, both for other susceptible animals and for humans. Analysis of the results of the fight against brucellosis of animals over the past 10-15 years indicates that the weak effectiveness of measures to improve the health of farms and new outbreaks of the disease in previously rehabilitated sites are associated not only with a violation of preventive and quarantine-restrictive measures, but also due to the lack of sensitivity of serological methods used for mass diagnostics. This emphasizes the need to use new, more sensitive and specific diagnostic tools, involving rapid testing and instrumental recording of results, such as indirect hemagglutination reaction and ELISA. In order to study the diagnostic value of indirect hemagglutination reaction with erythrocyte antigen, in comparison with ELISA, in the diagnosis of brucellosis in sheep and goats, these methods were tested, in comparison with traditional methods (SAT, CFT, TID and RBT). According to the results of a test of 54 blood serum samples from small cattle from a dysfunctional farm, brucellosis was found in the IHAT -18.5%. Of these, 2.3% reacted positively in ELISA, 13% for CFT, 2.37% for SAT, 11.1% for RBT, and 1.9% for TID. The results indicate the high specificity and sensitivity of IHAT, which makes it possible to recommend it for the mass diagnosis of brucellosis of small ruminants as an additional or alternative method.
Keywords: brucellosis of sheep and goats, serological methods, indirect hemagglutination reaction, ELISA, SAT, CFT, RBT, TID, epizootic situation, diagnostic value, economic damage.
1. Godovoy otchet Veterinarnogo komiteta Respubliki Dagestan za posledniye 15 let [Annual report of the Veterinary Committee of the Republic of Dagestan for the last 15 years]. - Makhachkala.
2. Dimova A.S., Sizov A.A., Dimov S.K. et al. Ekspress-metod massovoy diagnostiki brutselleza zhivotnykh na osnove immunofermentnogo analiza [Express method of mass diagnosis of animal brucellosis based on enzyme immunoassay]. - Sibirskiy vestnik selskokhozyaystvennoy nauki. - 2014 (4). - pp. 84-90.
3. Dimov S.K., Dimova A.S., Sizov A.A. et al. Ekspress-diagnostika brutselleza zhivotnykh s pomoshchyu IFA [Express-diagnosis of animal brucellosis using ELISA]. - Novosibirsk, 2014. - 21 p.
4. Zakharova O.I., Sleptsov E.S., Vinokurov N.V. et al. Diagnostika brutselleza severnykh oleney metodom IFA na osnove monoklonalnykh antitel [Diagnosis of brucellosis of reindeer by ELISA method based on monoclonal antibodies]. - 2015 (1 (8). - pp. 420-421.
5. Posobie po diagnostike brutselleza [Manual on the diagnosis of brucellosis].
6. Romakhov B.N. Test nepryamoy gemagglyutinatsii s eritrotsitarnym antigenom dlya diagnostiki brutselleza krupnogo rogatogo skota i ovets [Test of indirect hemagglutination reaction with erythrocyte antigen for diagnosis of brucellosis of large horned cattle and sheep]. - Veterinarnaya patologiya. - Rostov-on-Don, 2008 (1 (24). - pp. 73-75.
7. Yusupov O.Yu., Khairov S.G., Sklyarov O.D. et al. Effektivnost nepryamoy reaktsii gemagglyutinatsii pri brutselleze krupnogo rogatogo skota, ovets i koz [Effeciency of indirect hemagglutination reaction in brucellosis of large horned cattle, sheep and goats]. - Veterinariya. - Moscow, 2015 (11). - pp. 22-25.
Mikailov Mikail M., Ph.D. in Veterinary Medicine, Leading Scientific Researcher of the Caspian Zonal Scientific Research Veterinary Institute; 88, Dakhadaev st., Makhachkala, 367000; phone: 8-8722-682702; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Khalikov Akmed A., Scientific Researcher of the Caspian Zonal Scientific Research Veterinary Institute; 88, Dakhadaev st., Makhachkala, 367000; phone: 8-8722-682702; e-mail: email@example.com.
Gulieva Atiya T., Junior Scientific Researcher of the Caspian Zonal Scientific Research Veterinary Institute; 88, Dakhadaev st., Makhachkala, 367000; phone: 8-8722-682702; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chernykh Oleg Yu., D.Sc. in Veterinary Medicine, docent, professor of the Department of microbiology, epizootology and virology of the Kuban State Agrarian University; 13, Kalinina st., Krasnodar, 350044; phone: 8-918-4956659; e-mail: email@example.com.
Responsible for correspondence with the editorial board: Yanikova Elmira A., Senior Scientific Researcher of the Caspian Zonal Scientific Research Veterinary Institute; 88, Dakhadaev st., Makhachkala, 367000; phone: 8-8722-682702; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.