Matveeva E.L., Spirkina E.S., Gasanova A.G.
Summary. Changes in the development of degenerative-dystrophic joint changes, obtained by immobilizing the knee joint of dogs for 6 weeks, occurred in the exchange of proteoglycans of articular cartilage. Investigation of the mechanisms of violation of this equilibrium, reversibility of these changes and ways to restore lost functionality is an actual research task. Proteoglycans are an integral indicator of the homeostasis of the extracellular matrix of connective tissue and in its molecular architectonics are the main elements of a complex ordered structure that determines the functional potencies of articular cartilage. The purpose of this study was to study the activity of lysosomal enzymes and quantify glycosaminoglycans of articular cartilage on the model of degenerative-dystrophic changes in the knee joint in dogs. The material of this study was articular cartilage from 20 mongrel dogs: 10 intact (IC) and 10 with a model of degenerative-dystrophic joint lesions. In the experimental group, adult mongrel dogs produced stable fixation of the knee joint at an angle close to the physiological (125 °) device of our proposed design consisting of 3 split perforated flared cuffs made of polyvik, connected together by standard parts of the Ilizarov apparatus. This device provides standard immobilization conditions and allows reproducibility of results. The tissues of the knee joint of the operated and contralateral limb were examined. In the control group, similar tissue samples were taken from intact dogs. A decrease in the content of interstitial water, the amount of uronic acids and an increase in the activity of glycosaminoglycan hydrolases was found.
Keywords: Proteoglycans, articular cartilage, degenerative-dystrophic joint changes, sulfates, uronic acids, glycosaminoglycan hydrolase activity, hyaluronidase, acid phosphatase, metabolic changes, contralateral limb, synovial fluid.
1. Desyatnichenko K.S. et al. Vydeleniye i biotestirovaniye kostnykh rostreguliruyushchikh faktorov [Isolation and biotesting of bone growth factors]. - Kurgan, 1990. - 23 p.
2. Magomedov A.M., Gayko G.V., Kalashnikov A.V., Polishchuk L.V., Kuzub Т.А. Osobennosti biokhimicheskikh izmeneniy sustavnogo khryashcha v zavisimosti ot formy progressirovaniya idiopaticheskogo koksartroza [Features of biochemical changes of articular cartilage depending on form of idiopathic coxarthrosis progression]. - 2012: 118-121.
3. Pavlova V.N., Pavlov G.G., Shostak N.A., Slutskiy L.I. Sustav: morfologiya, klinika, diagnostika, lecheniye [Joint: morphology, clinic, diagnosis, therapy]. - MIA. - Moscow, 2011. - 552 p.
4. Rusova T.V., Strokova E.L., Voropaeva A.A., Shchelkunova E.I. Osobennosti metabolizma proteoglikanov iz raznykh topograficheskikh zon kolennogo sustava u bolnykh osteoartrozom: variabelnost fenotipa khondrotsitov [Peculiarities of the metabolism of proteoglycans from different topographic zones of the knee joint in patients with osteoarthritis: variability of the phenotype of chondrocytes]. - The Siberian Scientific Medical Journal. - Novosibirsk, 2013 (33 (5)). - pp. 78-86.
5. Khitrov N.A. Osteoartroz - bolezn s vospalitelnymi i katabolicheskimi protsessami v sustavakh [Osteoarthritis - disease with inflammatory and catabolic processes in joints]. - 2012: 41-48.
6. Khitrov N.A. Osteoartroz [Osteoarthrosis]. - 2011: 132-139.
7-10. Vide supra.
Matveeva Elena L., D.Sc. in Biology, leading scientific researcher of the Laboratory of Biochemistry of the Russian Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics named after G.A. Ilizarov of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation; 6, M. Ulyanova st., Kurgan, 640014; phone: 8-3522-450538; е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gasanova Anna G., junior scientific researcher of the Laboratory of Biochemistry of the Russian Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics named after G.A. Ilizarov of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation; 6, M. Ulyanova st., Kurgan, 640014; phone: 8-3522-450538; e-mail: email@example.com.
Responsible for correspondence with the editorial board: Spirkina Elena S., junior scientific researcher of the Laboratory of Microbiology and Immunology; of the Russian Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics named after G.A. Ilizarov of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation; 6, M. Ulyanova st., Kurgan, 640014; phone: 8-3522-450538; е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.