Nechaeva O.V., Tikhomirova E.I., Laskavyy V.N., Kuznetsova A.E., Vakaraeva M.M.
Summary. The search for new drugs for the treatment of infectious diseases of viral etiology is one of the urgent tasks of modern veterinary medicine. In addition to high efficiency, antiviral drugs should be safe to use and not have a negative impact on the macroorganism. The article presents the results of an investigation of the antiviral activity of a heterocyclic compound of a series of phenylpentendione-2,4-dichloro-1,3,5-triphenyl-2-pentene-1,5-dione and a biocompatible polymer compound, polyazolidine ammonium, modified with hydrated iodine ions. The choice of these compounds was due to their low level of toxicity and a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity. As an experimental model, the strain «BH-96» of porcine porcine gastroenteritis virus was used, which was cultivated on the transplantable kidney cell line of a pig embryo. Using the Reed and Mench method, sub-toxic doses of the test compounds were determined, which were 1 Mg / ml. Experimental samples of the cell culture were pretreated with working concentrations of the test compounds followed by the formation of a monolayer. In the course of the conducted studies, it was revealed that in the control samples of the monolayer of cell culture infected with the virus, significant destructive changes of cells occurred on the third day of cultivation, with their detachment from the substrate to the fifth day, when the cell damage of the virus was 80-90%. Preliminary treatment of the cell culture with subtitic concentrations of the test compounds led to the preservation of their growth properties and initial morphological characteristics, as well as to the absence of the cytopathic effect of the virus. This indicated a high sensitivity of the virus of porcine gastroenteritis virus to the action of the studied drugs. The results obtained make it possible to consider the compounds being studied as promising antiviral agents.
Keywords: transgenic porcine gastroenteritis virus, cytopathic effect, antiviral activity, antimicrobial properties, synthetic compounds, heterocyclic compounds of the phenylpentendione series, biocompatible polymeric compound, subtoxic concentrations.
1. Gavryuchenkov D.V. Novyy protivovirusnyy preparat Ergoferon v lechenii respiratornykh infektsiy [New antiviral drug Ergoferon in respiratory infections' therapy]. - Polyclinic. - 2011 (5). - pp. 78-81.
2. Gosmanov R.G., Kolychev N.M., Pleshakova V.I. Veterinarnaya virusologiya [Veterinary virology]. - Lan. - Moscow, 2010. - 480 p.
3. Dyakonov L.P., Sitkova V.M. Zhivotnaya kletka v kulture [Animal cell in culture]. - Sputnik+. - Moscow, 2000. - 400 p.
4. Zaytsev A.A. Farmakoterapiya ostrykh respiratornykh virusnykh infektsiy [Pharmacotherapy of acute respiratory viral infections]. - Therapeutic archive. - 2013 (3). - pp. 102-106.
5. Ivashkin V.T. Diagnostika, lechenie i vedenie patsientov s gepatitom С [Diagnosis, therapy and management of patients with hepatitis C]. - Clinical microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. - 2006 (2). - pp. 102-129.
6. Konkov S.A., Moiseev I.K. Sintez pirazolov i pirazolonov na osnove 1,3- i 1,4-diketonov adamantanovogo ryada [Synthesis of pyrazoles and pyrazolones based on 1,3- and 1,4-diketones of adamantane series]. - Journal of Organic Chemistry. - 2009 (45 (12)). - pp. 1828-1831.
7. Meditsinskaya virusologiya [Medical virology]. - Moscow, 2008. - 656 p.
8. Nechaeva O.V., Vedeneeva N.V., Vakaraeva M.M. et al. Kompleksnaya otsenka toksichnosti polimernogo soedineniya, obladayushchego antimikrobnoy aktivnostyu [Complex assessment of toxicity of polymeric compound with antimicrobial activity]. - 2016: 160-164.
9. Nechaeva, O.V., Tikhomirova E.I., Zayarskiy D.A. Antimikrobnaya aktivnost poliazolidinammoniya, modifitsirovannogo gidrat-ionami yoda [Antimicrobial activity of polyazolidine ammonium, modified with iodine hydrate ions]. - Journal of Microbiology, Epidemiology and Immunobiology. - Moscow, 2015 (3). - pp. 88-92.
10. Nechaeva O.V., Shurshalova N.F., Tikhomirova E.I., Plotnikov ОТ. Issledovanie toksichnosti geterotsiklicheskikh soedineniy s vysokoy antimikrobnoy aktivnostyu [Study of the toxicity of heterocyclic compounds with high antimicrobial activity]. - Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology. - Moscow, 2016 (79 (8)). - pp. 29-32.
11. Nechaeva O.V., Shurshalova N.F., Tikhomirova E.I., Plotnikov ОТ Perspektivy ispolzovaniya geterotsiklicheskikh soedineniy v mediko-biologicheskoy praktike [Prospects for use of heterocyclic compounds in medical and biological practice]. - Saratov, 2013. - 123 р.
12. Nikitin A.V. Pobochnye reaktsii pri protivovirusnoy terapii VICh-infektsii i gepatita С [Adverse reactions at antiviral therapy of HIV-infection and hepatitis C]. - Antibiotics and chemotherapy. - Moscow, 2008 (3-4). - pp. 46-49.
13. Novokhatskiy L.S. Kletochnye kultury v virusologii [Cell cultures in virology]. - General Virology. - Moscow, 1982 (1). - pp. 463-493.
14. Permyakova N.F., Nechaeva O.V., Tikhomirova E.I. Perspektivnye gete rots iklich es ki e soedineniya s antimikrobnoy aktivnostyu [Perspective heterocyclic compounds with antimicrobial activity]. - Fundamental research. - 2009 (9). - pp. 66-67.
15. Pozdeev O.K. Meditsinskaya mikrobiologiya [Medical microbiology]. - GEOTAR-Media. - Moscow, 2010. - 768 p.
16. Simonenko N.V. Biologicheskaya kharakteristika shtamma VN-96 virusa transmissivnogo gastroenterita sviney i razrabotka biotekhnologicheskikh parametrov ego kultivirovaniya [Biological characteristics of strain BH-96 of virus of porcine gastroenteritis and development of biotechnological parameters of its cultivation]. - Saratov, 2011. - 22 р.
17. Urbach V.Yu. Statisticheskiy analiz v biologicheskikh i meditsinskikh issledovaniyakh [Statistical analysis in biological and medical research]. - Meditsina. - Moscow, 1975. - 295 p.
Tikhomirova Elena I., D.Sc. in Biology, Professor, Head of the Department of Ecology of the Yuri Gagarin Stavropol State Technical University; 77, Politechnicheskaya st., Saratov, 410054; phone: 8-452-998530; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laskavyy Vladislav N., D.Sc. in Veterinary Medicine, Honored Veterinarian of the Russian Federation, Director for Science of Scientific Research Institute of Medical and Veterinary Biotechnologies; 5, 9, Akademika Koroleva st., Moscow, 129515; phone: 8-915-1100167; e-mail: email@example.com.
Kuznetsova Anna E., Ph.D. in Biology, Senior Researcher of the Scientific Research Institute of Medical and Veterinary Biotechnologies; 5, 9, Akademika Koroleva st., Moscow, 129515; phone: 8-961-6420874; e-mail: shirokova-7575@ mail.ru.
Vakaraeva Malika M., Ph.D. in Biology, senior lecturer of the Department of Normal and Pathological Physiology of the Medical Institute of the Chechen State University; 32, A. Sheripova st., Grozny, Chechen Republic, 364907; phone: 8-9389931011; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for correspondence with the editorial board: Nechaeva Olga V., Ph. D. in Biology, Docent of the Department of Ecology of the Yuri Gagarin Saratov State Technical University; 77, Politechnicheskaya st., Saratov, 410054; phone: 8-927-1081108; e-mail: email@example.com.